02 August 2012

garden journal :: musing while we walk

Walk with me for a wee bit while it isn't raining. In fact, let's update the garden journal for this month, I'll fill you in on my top 10 random musings while we walk.

one ::
I really hate weeds. Wow, they are everywhere. How my neighbours keep on top of the weed situation is a mystery to me. Oh look, there's Bill, down on his hands and eighty-year-old knees. Huh, fancy that, he's pulling out weeds while they're small, before they explode like bombs all over the place. Jeez, I hate weeds. I wish I could afford a gardener. D'you think Bill would... no, that's just WRONG.

two ::
Oof, this baby is huge. I need a wee sit down.

three ::
I just can't figure out the 3 x 3 rounded corner Photoshop thungummy-jiggy that Project Alicia was giving away the other day. I wish Photoshop didn't make me feel so inadequate. I used to publish magazines in my sleep forchrissakes. But, oh yes, I had a lovely designery type do the Photoshop stuff for me. No, I'm not going to be a drip, I'm gonna email that Alicia girl and see what the heck I'm missing.

four ::
Gosh, aren't there a lot of purple flowers in this garden? Seems I like purple.

five ::
What's the best thing about the Olympics so far? I reckon it's getting a re-run of Wimbledon, with our boy Murray still winning matches. (Either that or Mayor BoJo getting stuck on a zip slide over Vicky Park. What a total plum.)


six ::
I've never been to Russia. Never given the place much thought (I like matryoskas a lot mind you). But the volume of blatant spambotting Russian gitsites that are skewing the stats on my blog are really getting me baity. You get them too huh? What is to be done? Have you heard any good ways to make them go away? It's enough to put you right off your blinis.

seven ::
Better keep walking (excuse the groan while I get up), seeing as how I've now officially reached the maximum weight gain for my height during this pregnancy, and I still have six weeks to go. Ach, I know, I can lose it all again later if I try, but it is not going to be easy.

eight ::
So the veg patch is actually producing things at last. Not enough for actual meals (don't let's get ahead of ourselves) but enough to snack on while we walk. A handful of rasps here, a blankety bed-full of tender broad beans there. Do you think shallots are ready when they look like a cat has sat on them? Or do you think a cat has actually sat on them? Better pull them up anyway because they're bound to rot in all this wet weather if I don't.

nine ::
I wonder if that song that's always on the radio at the moment, Small Bump (who's it by again... Ed something, Ed Sheeran, that's the one, thank you) I wonder if it makes my husband feel any paucity of emotion towards the dragon baby? It certainly does me. I haven't so much as packed a hospital bag or planned a place for this poor little scrap to sleep, let alone penned a multi-squillion selling love song to it. There just hasn't been time. Note to self: must make time to bond with bump. I did try the other day, but I fell asleep.

ten ::
Jeez, I hate weeds.


As you can see, wonderful Alicia showed me how, and I eventually approximated a vague attempt at using her 3 x 3 template. Isn't it pretty? Happy days - thank you Alicia!

10 comments:

  1. Oh yah!!! Cheers coming from SC! Bravo- you did it! And your garden is beautiful! Good luck on your home stretch of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post! Best wishes for you and the family : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous garden! I'm so jealous. I've never had a garden before, and now in our new place there's just not enough sunlight (and too many critters) to have one.

    Good luck with the last bit of your pregnancy! I hope you're sleeping well and feeling great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely. Hope you enjoy eating all that wonderful food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard bumps prefer Beethoven, and anyway, with a mum who can grow good food and pretty flowers as well as dragon babies, be this funny, takes great photos, and clearly 'gets' SEO, who needs an in-utero love song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies, ladies, ladies - these sweet comments make me very smiley. And, Annie, that's about the nicest comment I ever had (during a weekend when such things have been... well, necessary). Any more and I might weep (oh yes, I'm at that point).

    p.s. And I'm touched that you think I 'get' the SEO thing (erm - bamboozled face - can't even remember what it stands for!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. best way to get back at all those weeds, is to eat them (:

    HAPPY NAT DAY BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thoughts from a new mum, pictures of things growing, smiles all around.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...